Compliance Call Recording
Call Recording for Meeting Compliance Requirements
OAISYS compliance call recording software solutions are uniquely designed to help businesses address and effectively manage regulatory compliance requirements. Businesses in nearly every industry and country must concern themselves with ensuring compliance with a range of governmental trade organizations. Among the various compliance regulations that may apply to a given organization are:
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Financial Services Authority regulations
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Services Modernization Act
- Do-Not-Call Implementation Act & Telemarketing Sales Rule
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- The Social Security Act
- The Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act
- And many, many more
These regulations can, and often do, affect call recording data storage and information usage. Among the items organizations need to consider when recording calls for compliance purposes are:
- Phone recording storage security and information access
- Types of data to be stored
- Length of audio and screen recordings storage time
- Ability to produce a call recording quickly for investigator or regulator review
The OAISYS Talkument and Tracer call recording and quality monitoring software solutions provide exceptionally robust data storage and lifecycle management capabilities to make regulatory compliance both simple and convenient.
OAISYS Call Recording Compliance Features
- Portable Voice Document (PVD™) Recording Technology: The highly secure, patented PVD format allows phone calls to be recorded, stored, organized and archived as voice documents along with any associated screen activity in a central repository. Recorded call access occurs via encrypted file streaming, and sharing is achieved through link distribution rather than file transfer.
- Restricted Information Access: User access to call recordings is restricted by a combination of call data and filters. Agents can be assigned access based on information such as ACD groups, extension, account code and other criteria and can only access those calls for which they have specific permission. Further restrictions, such as the ability to share calls, can also be assigned.
- Digital Watermarking: The ability to verify and prove that call recordings have not been altered in any way is paramount if the files are to be used as evidence in court cases or regulatory and compliance disputes. A unique, proprietary digital signature is embedded in each voice document to demonstrate the integrity and veracity of the call recording.
- Variable Data Lifecycle Management: Organizations can custom tailor how calls are stored, staged and purged based on a variety of criteria, such as account code, extension, caller ID and other forms of user data. Call files are automatically stored or purged based on unique individual criteria rather than requiring tedious and inefficient manual review.
- Archival Database: OAISYS' storage functionalities enable automatic, targeted relocation from a primary database to an archival database that still enables instant search to access the same interface used to manage online call recordings. The system administrator can create custom archiving rules based on call data.
- Media Management Functionality: Users can further restrict and control information in individual call recordings on an as-needed basis to ensure instance-by-instance compliance with regulations and guidelines. These capabilities include Call Slicing, Merging and Redacting as well as Call Segment Exporting.