Solutions for Compliance
Voice Documentation for Meeting Compliance Requirements
Businesses and other organizations in nearly every industry and nearly every country must concern themselves with ensuring compliance with a range of governmental trade organizations.
Among the various regulations that may apply to a given organization are:
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Financial Services Authority regulations
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Services Modernization Act
- Do-Not-Call Implementation Act & Telemarketing Sales Rule
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- The Social Security Act
- The Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act
- And many, many more
These regulations can, and often do, affect data storage and information usage for recorded conversations and interactions. Among the items organizations need to consider are:
- Storage security and information access
- Types of data to be stored
- Length of storage time
- Ability to produce data quickly for investigator or regulator review
The OAISYS Talkument and Tracer solutions provide exceptionally robust data storage and management capabilities to make regulatory compliance both simple and convenient.
OAISYS Voice Documentation Compliance Features
- Portable Voice Document (PVD™) Recording Technology: The highly secure, proprietary PVD format allows conversation files to be recorded, stored and organized and then preserved along with any associated screen activity in a central repository. Access occurs via encrypted streaming, and sharing is achieved through link distribution rather than file transfer.
- Restricted Information Access: User access to calls is restricted by a combination of call data and filters. Agents can be assigned access based on information such as ACD groups, extension, account code and other criteria and can only access those calls for which they have specific permission. Further restrictions, such as the ability to share calls, can also be assigned.
- Digital Watermarking: The ability to verify and prove that call files have not been altered in any way is paramount if the files are to be used as evidence in court cases or regulatory and compliance disputes. A unique, proprietary digital signature is embedded in each voice document to demonstrate the integrity and veracity of the call.
- Variable Data Lifecycle Management: Organizations
can custom tailor how calls are stored, staged and purged based on a
variety of criteria, such as account code, extension, caller ID and
other forms of user data. Call files are automatically stored or purged
based on unique individual criteria rather than requiring tedious and
inefficient manual review.
- Archival Database: OAISYS’ storage functionalities enable automatic, targeted relocation from a primary database to an archival database that still enables instant search to access the same interface used to manage online recordings. The system administrator can create custom archiving rules based on call data.
- Media Management Functionality: Users can further restrict and control information in individual call recordings on an as-needed basis to ensure instance-by-instance compliance with regulations and guidelines. These capabilities include Call Slicing, Merging and Redacting as well as Call Segment Exporting.